Sunday, October 25, 2009

Secret Pleasure

Like so many others, I have a wayward attention span. I can rarely sit still for long, let alone sit still and do one tedious thing. Watching TV is usually accompanied by handsewing or copying recipes from magazines into my recipe book. Big sewing projects require a novel on CD.

My favorite is Lauren Wellig's Pink Carnation series. I love them! The current indulgence is "The Seduction of the Crimson Rose".



These books are a combination of Georgette Heyer's Regency romances (from Jr High) with spies, more substance, and a parallel life in the present. It may sound goofy, but I just love to sew to them--I can't "read" one, but I can listen all day to the audio version. Then wait impatiently for the library to obtain the next one.....

And yes, sewing is happening again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts---

Followers