Thursday, August 13, 2009

Baked Fish with Pasta-Veggie Salad

The heat and odd family schedules have put a damper on my cooking lately. Today was my day off, so naturally I worked like crazy to clean the house and catch up on laundry. Oddly enough, this kind of cleaning/nesting puts me in the mood to cook new things.

We've not had fish in a while and the tilapia was calling me from the freezer. It's a family favorite to bake it in a parmesan cheese-herb-bread crumb crust. The pasta salad was the new dish from one of Betty Crocker's cookbooklets "Great Pasta" . It was so yummy. I omitted the chicken as we already had fish on the menu and used more veggies from the garden instead. Shell pasta, about 2 cups of quartered cherry tomatoes, a whole bell pepper diced, and about 3 tbsp of olives. These are then tossed with 1/2 cup Miracle Whip (light) and 1/3 French Dressing (also light) then chilled. It was so creamy and tasty. Dessert was a blueberry cream cheese tart using fat-free cream cheese to keep the naughty factor down a little. Mr. B says he's saving the rest for breakfast tomorrow--as if it's all his! Looks like I need to change to date stamp on the camera. Poor thing keeps trying but hasn't been quite right since I dropped it in the lake on vacay. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts---

Followers