Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Pants Update

One of my readers emailed me and reminded me that I've been remiss in posting.  Thank you for the re-focus.  I got so caught up in life and sewing I forgot to blog. Sorry y'all, bad me. I'll try to catch things up a bit.  The pants are done and I really enjoy them
 
The fashion fabric, a lightweight grey suiting from Joann's, was just a tad roomier than the muslin was but the fit is still good.  I love the deep pockets on these things.  Holds my phone and keys no problem.
 

The backside has the seaming going down the center of the back of the leg, the main feature about these pants I liked.  That turned out just right.   The waistband is narrow and comfortable but next time could stand about ¼-½ inch or so out of center back seam to prevent slight gaping when sitting.   The directions for the front fly went so smoothly they should go in my reference files. All in all, I'm really pleased and will probably make these up again.  Sorry again for slacking. :)

Next up ...the trio of tops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts---

Followers