Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Nautical Sweater

Yeah!  Real sewing again.  Simple project that's been in my mind for a while with a small variant from ready to wear.  I used Simplicity 2560.  It's been done by everyone, including myself once already, but is so versatile and comfy, and such a quick stitch it's irresitible.

I saw a version a couple of months ago on Coldwater Creek's site but no longer see it now  where the draping on the front was held down with tabs.  Loved it abd knew this was the perfect pattern for it.  So everything is just like the regular pattern except the tabs.  They were borrowed from another pattern as I am so not design savvy like that, along with their directions.

I loved the pulled-back look and as this is for work it makes it even more convenient to access pockets.  The fabric is a very washable knit from Joann's, maybe a french terry not sure.  The buttons are from my stash and I think they give the sweater a nautical look.  I may add one of the jumbo hook/eye closures to the backside of the tabbing for the odd occassions I do want to close it.  I'm very happy with it as is though because it is soooo coooomfy.  And of course the joy of sewing again is priceless.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts---

Followers