Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Maggie Blouse And A Broken Hip



I know it's been a while since I've posted. A family emergency took me out of town for several days and life has been very hectic since leaving no time for sewing at all. My father fell, broke a hip and began a series of complications: heart attack, pneumonia, ventilators, dementia, and one super-stressed out Mom to boot. Life is calming down while he's in rehab but there's still so much to do and so much uncertainty. Aging parents are a scary stage in life, especially when they live several hours away and value their independence.

I was so rattled the trip necessitated a visit to JoAnn's in Cincinnati on the way home for a little retail therapy. I emerged with some celery green sweater knit, a purple poly-charmeuse, and a a funky abstract floral poly-charmeuse from their clearance racks. I also picked up these two cuties while they were one sale.



I've been stealing 10-15 minutes the last 4 days trying make progress on the blouse, which I have done this week. While in Ohio and unable to sew I did think of sewing. I kept thinking this blouse reminded me of something. Then it clicked. Maggie Gyllenhall in The Secretary


















The print is bolder, but the peonies with stirrups and chains, demure tucks and pleats really made me think of this movie. So the Maggie Blouse it is. The tie and facing is attached. Tomorrow I should be able to apply the waistband. Slowly but surely, step by step.....







No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts---

Followers